How to Obtain Permanent Residency in Argentina in 2022
Obtain Residency in ArgentinaUpdated on Saturday 03rd September 2022
based on 1 reviews
|Temporary residence permit types||
- family reunification
- medical purposes,
Time needed to obtain the temporary residence permit (approx.)
|Around 45 days|
Temporary residence permit validity
|Documents for obtaining temporary residence||
- valid passport,
- proof of income,
- clear criminal record,
- health insurance
|Mandatory registrations with state authorities (i.e. with the population/municipality register)||
|Dependents can join the temporary permit holder||
|Temporary or permanent residency for investment purposes||
|Minimum temporary residence before applying for permanent residence||2 years|
|Documents for obtaining permanent residence||
- valid passport,
- health insurance,
- proof on income,
- former temporary residence permit,
- birth certificate
- living in Argentina for at least 2 years,
- Spanish language knowledge,
- clear criminal record
|Citizenship after permanent residence||Yes|
What are the temporary residence visas in Argentina?
- Family relationship with a foreign citizen Temporary Resident: visa available for foreign citizens who have ties of affinity or consanguinity with other persons who are temporarily residing in Argentina.
- Migrant Worker: visa for those who wish to work in a lawful and remunerated manner. It is necessary to have a previous work contract.
- Scientist and Specialized Personnel: visa addressed to those who carry out scientific research activities.
- Sportsmen and Artists: visa contemplated for sportsmen or artists who have official events scheduled or invited by the authorities of the country.
- Students: stipulated for those foreigners who wish to study during their stay. Contact us if you want to immigrate to Argentina.
- Retirees and Annuitants: granted so that foreigners may enjoy their retirement in this territory.
- Investors: dedicated to those citizens who wish to come to Argentina with the intention of starting a business.
- Others: there are also ways to obtain temporary Argentine residency for cultural exchanges, medical treatments or requests for political asylum. More about how to move to Argentina can be discussed with us.
How can I obtain permanent residency in Argentina in 2022?
- Family relationship: being a child, spouse, father or mother of a person with permanent residence or Argentine nationality.
- Long time staying: This type of permanent residence visa will be contemplated in the following cases:
- In the case of MERCOSUR citizens, it is generated after having resided for a period of two years.
- For persons who do not belong to MERCOSUR countries, but who have been temporary residents for three years continuously in the Argentine territory.
- For diplomats and consuls of international organizations who have held office in our territory for two years.
- To have refugee or asylum status and possess the necessary requirements.
Why obtain residency - Immigration to Argentina
- The Argentine economy is expected to grow by 5.8% in 2021 and the trend will continue in 2022 with 2.5%.
- There are some 856,300 registered companies in the country, the number is growing year after year mostly due to the micro-enterprises that are created.
- Although agriculture has historically been the largest contributor to the national GDP, the service export sector is gaining prominence and there are several business opportunities for investment.
- Argentina is one of the 35 largest economies in the world in terms of business volume.